Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
1/2 small courgette, finely diced
1/4 small aubergine, finely diced
1/4 each red, orange and yellow pepper, de-seeded and finely diced
2 tbsp olive oil
8 tbsp tomato pasta or pizza sauce
12 Doriano crackers
a small handful of fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190c/170 Fan/Gas 5.
- Mix the courgette, aubergine, peppers and olive oil together well and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread over a non-stick baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes or until just soft and beginning to turn golden.
- Meanwhile spread the tomato sauce over the Doriano crackers.
- Divide the hot vegetables between the crackers and scatter with fresh basil leaves before serving.
Our traditional methods
Throughout the winding streets and the enchanting stone steps carved into the hillsides, the bakers get to work as the sun rises. This is rural Italy, and this is where our traditional methods originate.
Our time honoured natural leavening process requires skill, patience and integrity. Folding and rolling the dough creates many fine layers that enrich its flavour and texture. The ancient slow-rise sourdough recipe we use is delicately nurtured with water and flour over 3 days and nights to produce delicious dough that needs no additives or preservatives. And our authentic way of baking with fire and air creates a golden crisp crunch. Whilst we cook with happiness in our hearts, we take our ingredients very seriously, sourcing only the best from trusted suppliers and producers across the land.