Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
12 cherry tomatoes, chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, peeled, halved and sliced
1 tsp sugar
12 Doriano crackers
20-24 anchovy fillets, drained
20-24 kalamata olives
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180 Fan/Gas 6.
- Place the tomatoes on a non-stick baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes until the skins are just dry.
- Set aside and leave the oven on.
- Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. Add the onions and cook, stirring regularly for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the sugar, stir and continue to cook for a further 4-5 minutes or until the onions are golden.
- Divide the onions and tomatoes between the crackers and top with anchovies and olives.
- Place on a baking tray and place in the oven for 1-2 minutes to warm through the anchovies and olives.
- Serve straight away.
Our traditional methods
Throughout the winding streets and the enchanting stone steps carved into the hillsides, the bakers get to work as the sun rises. This is rural Italy, and this is where our traditional methods originate.
Our time honoured natural leavening process requires skill, patience and integrity. Folding and rolling the dough creates many fine layers that enrich its flavour and texture. The ancient slow-rise sourdough recipe we use is delicately nurtured with water and flour over 3 days and nights to produce delicious dough that needs no additives or preservatives. And our authentic way of baking with fire and air creates a golden crisp crunch. Whilst we cook with happiness in our hearts, we take our ingredients very seriously, sourcing only the best from trusted suppliers and producers across the land.