400ml Freshly squeezed orange juice, plus 1 whole orange for decoration (around 7 or 8 oranges)
4 tbsp. Caster sugar
7 leaves Gelatine
8 Doria Amaretti Biscuits
4 Egg yolks
4 tbsp. Apple juice
75g Caster sugar
- Add the freshly squeezed orange juice and 4 tbsp. caster sugar into a small pan over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for a couple of minutes until soft, squeeze out any excess water and add to the orange juice and whisk to combine. Add the Campari to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Remove the outer skin and any pith from the remaining orange, using a sharp knife cut into 1cm thick slices. Place a slice of orange in the base of each ramekin and pour in around 1cm of the jelly mixture, place in the fridge for around 30 minutes to 1 hour or until set. Remove from the fridge and top up with the remaining mixture. Place back in the fridge until set.
- Just before you are ready to serve the jellies make your Sabayon. Add the egg yolks and 75g caster sugar to a heat resistant mixing bowl over a pan of hot water on a low heat and whisk continuously until foamy. Slowly add in the apple juice continually whisking until the mixture has thickened to a custard-like consistency.
- Turn the jellies out onto small plates and pour some of the sabayon on each, serve the Doria Amaretti biscuits on the side.
Our traditional methods
Throughout the winding streets and the enchanting stone steps carved into the hillsides, the bakers get to work as the sun rises. This is rural Italy, and this is where our traditional methods originate.
Our time honoured natural leavening process requires skill, patience and integrity. Folding and rolling the dough creates many fine layers that enrich its flavour and texture. The ancient slow-rise sourdough recipe we use is delicately nurtured with water and flour over 3 days and nights to produce delicious dough that needs no additives or preservatives. And our authentic way of baking with fire and air creates a golden crisp crunch. Whilst we cook with happiness in our hearts, we take our ingredients very seriously, sourcing only the best from trusted suppliers and producers across the land.