4 tbsp. Honey
Zest and juice of 1 orange
250g Ricotta cheese
200ml Double cream
1 Vanilla pod
50g Pistachio nuts
12 Doria Amaretti biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius. Cut the plums in half and remove the stones. Place the plums in a shallow baking tray cut side up and drizzle with 2 tbsp. of honey.
- Scatter over the zest and pour over the orange juice. Cover the tray tightly with foil and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the plums have collapsed slightly and released some of their juices. Leave to cool completely.
- Toast the pistachios in the oven on a small baking tray for 6-8 minutes or until lightly toasted. Finely chop with a sharp knife.
- Split the vanilla pod in half lengthways and scrape out the seeds. Place in a large mixing bowl with the cream, ricotta and remaining honey. Whip this mixture with an electric hand whisk until soft peaks form.
- Fit a piping bag with a large round open nozzle and fill with the ricotta mixture, pipe a layer of the ricotta mixture into the bottom of a stemmed glass, sprinkle with some of the pistachios, add in 1 plum half and some of the juice and top with an Doria Amaretti biscuit.
- Repeat the layers finishing with a layer of ricotta and an Amaretti biscuit on top, adding a final sprinkling of pistachios to decorate.
Our traditional methods
Throughout the winding streets and the enchanting stone steps carved into the hillsides, the bakers get to work as the sun rises. This is rural Italy, and this is where our traditional methods originate.
Our time honoured natural leavening process requires skill, patience and integrity. Folding and rolling the dough creates many fine layers that enrich its flavour and texture. The ancient slow-rise sourdough recipe we use is delicately nurtured with water and flour over 3 days and nights to produce delicious dough that needs no additives or preservatives. And our authentic way of baking with fire and air creates a golden crisp crunch. Whilst we cook with happiness in our hearts, we take our ingredients very seriously, sourcing only the best from trusted suppliers and producers across the land.