Preparation: 20 mins
Cooking: 2 mins
100ml double cream, softly whipped
100g white chocolate, melted and cooled (see tip)
16 Doria Amaretti
25g Doria Amaretti
300g good quality vanilla ice-cream
75ml cold strong black coffee
150ml double cream, softly whipped
2tbsp dulce de leche or toffee sauce
- To make the Amaretti ‘sandwiches’, fold the cream into the melted white chocolate and use to sandwich together pairs of Amaretti. Chill until required.
- To make the Frapuccinio, place half of the Amaretti in a freezer bag and crush finely by rolling with a rolling pin. Crush the remaining Amaretti roughly with your fingers or a rolling pin and set aside.
- Place the finely crushed Amaretti in a food processor or blender with the ice-cream and coffee. Whizz briefly until smooth then stir in crushed ice.
- Divide between glasses. Using a piping bag fitted with a fluted nozzle, pipe swirls of whipped double cream on top of each glass.
- Scatter with the remaining crushed Amaretti and drizzle with the dulce de leche or toffee sauce and serve straight away with the Amaretti ‘sandwiches’
Melt the chocolate in a microwave proof bowl on medium-high for 1-2 minutes. Alternatively place in a heatproof bowl and stand over a pan of barely simmering water, making sure that the water doesn’t touch the base of the bowl. Heat until melted.
Our traditional methods
Throughout the winding streets and the enchanting stone steps carved into the hillsides, the bakers get to work as the sun rises. This is rural Italy, and this is where our traditional methods originate.
Our time honoured natural leavening process requires skill, patience and integrity. Folding and rolling the dough creates many fine layers that enrich its flavour and texture. The ancient slow-rise sourdough recipe we use is delicately nurtured with water and flour over 3 days and nights to produce delicious dough that needs no additives or preservatives. And our authentic way of baking with fire and air creates a golden crisp crunch. Whilst we cook with happiness in our hearts, we take our ingredients very seriously, sourcing only the best from trusted suppliers and producers across the land.