Time: 5 minutes
120g good-quality dark chocolate (75 per cent cocoa solids), grated
2 teaspoons icing sugar
100ml full-cream milk
Whipped cream, to serve (optional)
- Fill a small saucepan one-third full with water and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Place the chocolate, icing sugar and 2 tbsp milk in a small heatproof bowl, place over pan and stir until chocolate has almost melted (don’t let the bowl touch the water) and the icing sugar has dissolved.
- Slowly add the remaining milk and stir continuously until well combined.
- Continue cooking over a low heat until the mixture becomes thick and velvety and coats the back of the spoon. Serve with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
- Top with a few more shavings of dark chocolate and serve with a handful of Doria Amaretti.